2018 was one of our most exciting years at Upcoming Media. We’ve had the privilege to develop and expand our technology to help a wide array of clients bring exciting, interactive augmented reality (AR) experiences to their customers.
We’ve also created some amazing partnerships that give us even bigger tech muscles here in “Silicon Valley North”. Earlier this year, we became official Facebook and Snapchat Partners, which allows us to develop AR ads that can be fully integrated onto those platforms. More recently, we also became Snapchat Creative Lens Partners, furthering our ability to expand our clients’ presence in this rapidly growing technology. We’ll share more information about this exciting new development in an upcoming article.
Our team enjoyed bring you fascinating updates from the world of AR, such as:
- Your Products – in Dazzling 3D: 3D renderings are at the very heart of most AR experiences. Photogrammetry and 3D scanning are the two most popular options of capturing objects, followed by using sophisticated software to create an eye-popping rendering of the item. No matter what shape or composition, today’s technology can capture just about anything – even a full-sized automobile users can “place” in their driveway!
- AR Shifting into High Gear: While we’re on the subject, automobiles are such huge investments that it’s imperative to make an informed buying choice by having as much information on-hand as possible. To address this need, the automotive industry is embracing AR technology to create interactive ways of educating consumers so they make better purchase decisions. Create experiences through digital ads, or allow customers to scan cars in the showroom for a tour of the vehicles inner workings.
- Bringing Technology Home: Realtors can attract homebuyers and connect clients with a great house shopping experience by providing 360°virtual tours of properties, use customized 3D maps to showcase homes and provide property details, “place” furniture inside the home using a smartphone, and more. You can also embed interactive AR experiences into print materials such as business cards, brochures, or ads.
- An Appetite for Technology: If your customers enjoy food, they’ll love the experience of learning all about your culinary creations through AR! Not only will they quickly learn about your food’s nutrition information, they’ll be able to select items that meet any specialized dietary restrictions. Plus, food prep becomes a snap with your very own personal chef “by your side” as you try out new recipes!
- AR Gives You “Kicks”:Your customers can get in on the action when you’re unveiling a new sneaker. Through their smartphones, they’ll have the ability to unbox your new product, view it in 3D from all angles, and tap to learn more information. You can also follow the lead of top shoe brands and create exciting in-store AR experiences that will drive more traffic to your retail location.
- Make Products Go Viral: AR technology can be integrated into almost any advertising or marketing platform, including print! When they come across your digital ad, customers can now use their smartphone camera to try on shoes, sunglasses, clothing, jewellery, watches, and more. Plus, they’ll be able to snap and share pics to their social media network, taking your brand and product viral! Have a print ad? We can create a code in your ad that will bring the same effect.
- Celebrate Milestones using AR: In 2018, Saint Elizabeth Health Care commemorated their 110th anniversary with a celebration that included unique shared experiences for their corporate team, front line care providers, external clients, and other stakeholders from coast to coast. The experience not only featured lots of fun and exciting interactive content, it also unveiled the look and feel of their new, modernized brand. It was the perfect way to celebrate their mission of spreading hope and happiness to Canadians in need.
In 2019, Upcoming Media looks forward to growing even more, creating additional partnerships, and developing AR solutions that enrich your brand experience, using the best technology that the coming year will bring.
Watch how AR experiences can help your brand engage and excite your customers! Here’s to an incredible 2019 ahead!
A Message from Mark C. Shaw, Founder and CEO, Upcoming Media Inc.
“With the holidays coming quicker than ever, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for all their efforts throughout this past year. The success of our company is built on the efforts of our employees, partners, and clients working together to boost this ever-changing XR industry, and for this, I thank you for the dedication and care each one of you has shown us.
We’ve come through a year that was filled with both challenges and victories. How reassuring it’s been to know that we can count on all of you regardless of what faces us. Please allow me to extend my personal and genuine appreciation to each and every one of you for your valuable contributions to Upcoming Media Inc. Working with you this past year has been a pleasure and we’re proud to have you all with us as part of our work family.
In appreciation, we have compiled a demo highlight reel of our services and solutions we have provided over these last years. We hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.
Looking forward to this coming 2019, year of amazing breakthroughs and historical leaps.”
Customized AR Solutions in Toronto, Canada, and Around the World
Have a specialized need that will enhance your customer experience through AR technology? Talk to us! Upcoming Media can help bring your concept to life from the initial design and build stages right up through launch day. No matter how complex your idea, our development team has the experience to use AR technology to build interactive solutions that your customers will love. Connect with us at email@example.com for more information!