Last modified: July 7th, 2016.
This policy is in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), and outlines our practices in Canada, the United States and Latin America regarding children’s personal information. Please read our policy below and let us know if you have any questions or feedback at: email@example.com
We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to personal information we may collect from children, teens or adults on our sites and applications. Some of the features on our sites and applications are age-gated so that they are not available for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children in connection with those features. When we intend to collect personal information from children, we take additional steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we may share that information
- In accordance with applicable law, obtaining consent from parents for the collection of personal information from their children, or for sending information about our products and services directly to their children
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in an online activity
- Giving parents access or the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be changed or deleted
We do not collect any personal information about the users of our apps. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly remove the information. We do collect anonymous usage information to help us improve our services and applications.In addition, some data is collected by our Apple Apps. Some anonymous usage information is collected in our Apple Apps as a result of using the Apple Affiliate links.
Our apps do not collect information about the location of your mobile device.
Links Within Apps
Some apps have external links such as to our website, to the App Store you may purchase from, or to social media profiles to allow you to find out more about our company, our products and our services.
Our apps may contain in-app purchases.
We may from time to time promote 3rd party products, events, or sales. We may also use Unity Ads and Unity assets within our apps.
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
Last modified: July 7th, 2016.
Collection of Information
You or your child may be prompted to provide for some or all of the following types of information in order to register, access various content or features, submit photos and other content, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Services:
- Contact information, such as name or e-mail address
- Username and password
- Geolocation information
- Other information, such as school, city, province/state, and postal code
- Communications preferences
- Search queries
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features
- Correspondence you send to us
Some of the Services may allow you or your child to enter text and information in open fields, such as comment sections, and message boards. If you or your child choose to participate in these public areas of the Services, please be aware that any information submitted through these areas is public. Please use caution in disclosing personal information in these areas. Although we moderate public forums to keep their content appropriate for the forum’s intended audience, we are not responsible for the information you or your child submits in these open forums and public areas or for other user’s actions with respect to that information.
Use of Information
We generally use the information that we collect about you or your child to:
- Fulfill your or your child’s requests for services and information
- Enable you or your child to participate in interactive features, such as comment boxes and forums
- Display content and information that you may be interested in
- Customize the content displayed when you or your child use the Services
- Analyze use of the Services to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Services, and which websites they come from
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Services
- For any other purposes disclosed to you or your child at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent
- We may aggregate your or your child’s information with information about other users so that it no longer identifies and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
Disclosure of Information
We may share information that is collected from you or your child in the following circumstances:
Authorized third-party service providers. We may share information with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to our educational mission, including usage analytics, data processing, and account management. For example, our service providers may provide to us and analyze on our behalf usage information so that we can identify which of our services are most popular and how they can be improved.
Business transfers. We may share information in connection with a substantial business transaction, such as the sale of the Services, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of Upcoming Media Inc., our users or the public.
With your consent. We otherwise may share your or your child’s information with your consent.
We also may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services that we hope you or your child will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable Local Shared Objects and similar technologies. For example, Local Shared Objects may be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of our site may no longer be available to you or your child.
Parental Consent, Access, and Deletion
We endeavour to obtain a parent or legal guardian’s consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children. Parents or legal guardians may contact us to ask if we have collected their child’s personal account information, to review that information, if any, and request that Upcoming Media Inc. stop collecting this information and have it deleted. Such requests are subject to Upcoming Media Inc. verifying to our satisfaction that the requester is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your and your child’s information. We have adopted reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect this information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you or your child transmit to us.
Third-Party Services, Content, and External Links
If you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Services to share information about your experience on the Services with your friends and other connections, we may collect information about you from those services. In addition, those third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Services, and they may notify your connections about your use of the Services, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Upcoming Media Inc.
2 Bloor Street West, Unit 700
Toronto, Ontario, M4W3E2